<MP>Saturday, 22 July 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 19:25:52 -0500

FATIMA / LOURDES / SPAIN / LISIEUX
42 are signed up for our 02-13 October 2006 Pilgrimage.  It's possible that
a seat or two may still be available.  Check my Web Site for complete
details.  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works
that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going
to the Father.  I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father
may be glorified in the Son.  If in my name you ask me for anything, I will
do it.  'If you love me, you will keep my commandments.  And I will ask the
Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever.  This
is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither
sees him nor knows him. You know him, because he abides with you, and he
will be in you.'" ~John 14:12-17

"And greater works than these shall you do."  Each of us has the ability to
do good works through the power of God's spirit.  This is the wonder of the
world, the miracle of the earth, that God's power goes out to bless the
earth, that God's power goes out to bless the human race through the agency
of so many people who are actuated by God's grace. We need not be held back
by doubt, despondency and fear. A wonderful future can lie before us when we
depend on God's power, a future of unlimited power to do good things.

I pray that I may not limit myself by doubting.  I pray that I may have
confidence that I can be effective in doing good.