<MP>Saturday, 21 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:42:56 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

Blessed John of Parma (1209-1289)
The seventh general minister of the Franciscan Order, John was known for his
attempts to bring back the earlier spirit of the Order after the death of
St. Francis of Assisi. He was born in Parma, Italy, in 1209. It was when he
was a young philosophy professor known for his piety and learning that God
called him to bid good-bye to the world he was used to and enter the new
world of the Franciscan Order. After his profession John was sent to Paris
to complete his theological studies. Ordained to the priesthood, he was
appointed to teach theology at Bologna, then Naples and finally Rome.  For
more, follow the link below:

"Come, let us return to the LORD, it is he who has rent, but he will heal
us; he has struck us, but he will bind our wounds. He will revive us after
two days; on the third day he will raise us up, to live in his presence."
~Hosea 6:1-6

But the tax collector stood off at a distance and would not even raise his
eyes to heaven but beat his breast and prayed,
'O God, be merciful to me a sinner.' I tell you, the latter went home
justified, not the former; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled,
and the one who humbles himself will be exalted."  ~Luke 18:9-14

We can be very self-important, to the extent that we forget about the help
we need from God.  We can even set ourselves up as an example for others to
follow.  In today's readings though, we are reminded of the value of
humility.  The tax collector in our Gospel says, "O God, be merciful to me a
sinner."  And he went home justified, not the self-important one.

I pray that I may never forget my need for God's healing and strength and
forgiveness.  I pray that I may be humble as I strive to walk in the
footsteps of Jesus.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Doreen asks prayers for a special intention. Renee asks prayers for three
intentions. Paula asks prayers for a special intention. Cherie request
prayers for healing for her Dad of his medical problems.

Silvia asks prayers for a special intention. Alvina asks prayers for a
special intention.