<MP>Saturday, 20 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:23:59 -0500

Why not forward a copy to family members and friends. Morning Prayer
provides a short reflection and a concrete way to apply Scriptures to our
lives, and uses the Scriptures and Saint for the Mass of the Day. Learn more
by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Maria Bertilla Boscardin (1888-1922)
She was born in Italy and lived in fear of her father who was bad-tempered
and often drunk. Her schooling was limited so she could spend more time at
home and was often made fun of. In 1904 she entered the Sisters of St.
Dorothy and found that her true talent was nursing very ill and disturbed
children, often with diphtheria. During the war she continued caring for
children during almost constant air raids and attacks. She died of a painful
tumor she had for years.  Many of those she had nursed were present at her
canonization in 1961.

"Abraham is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed, who gives
life to the dead and calls into being what does not exist."  ~ Romans 4:13,
16-18

"When they take you before synagogues and before rulers and authorities, do
not worry about how or what you defense will be or about what you rare to
say.  For the Holy Spirit will teach you at the moment what you should say."
~ Luke 12:8-12

We can trust that God is with us to lead us and guide us.  He gives us
Abraham as our Father in faith, and reminds us that the Holy Spirit is with
us always.  God never leaves us, His people, alone.  We can trust in this.

I pray that I may know that I am never alone.  I pray that I may trust that
the Holy Spirit is with me to guide me and help me know how to speak in
God's name.