<MP>Saturday, 20 January 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 01:19:39 -0600

W E ' R E    B A C K

We're back from Mexico City.  The trip wasn't the smoothest.  We flew from
Mexico City to Dallas/Fort Worth.  The airport transportation system was
messed up there and we missed our flight to Minneapolis.  So, for a fee, we
were routed through Detroit ... where there was a snow storm.  That
necessitated a delay, then a de-icing of the plane ... then a flight to
Minneapolis before continuing on to La Crosse.  Miraculously though, our
luggage arrived and we got home at about 12:45 a.m.  So, now it's time to
sleep a bit.

It was a *wonderful* trip.  Be assured that we remembered you and your
intentions during our two visits to Guadalupe, during daily Mass and when
visiting the many Churches of Mexico City. Now it's nice to know I'll be
around until our November Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.  Special thanks to
Margie for sending Morning Prayer during my absence.  I hope you're having a
good weekend!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"It is the spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The words that I
have spoken to you are spirit and life."  ~John 6:63

I want to be at one with God.  I can set my deepest affections on things
spiritual, not on things material.  As a person thinks, so is
that person.   So I can think of and desire that which will help, not
hinder, my spiritual growth.  I can try to be at one with God.  No human
aspiration can reach higher than this.

I pray that I may think love, and love will surround me.  I pray that I may
think health, and health will come to me.