<MP>Saturday, 19 September 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:39:14 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Januarius (d. 305?)
Little  is known of Januarius's life. He is believed to have been martyred
in the Diocletian persecution of 305. Legend has it that after Januarius was
thrown to the bears in the amphitheater of Pozzuoli, he was beheaded, and
his blood ultimately brought to Naples.  For more, follow the link below:

Come with joy into the presence of the Lord. ~Psalm 100

But as for the seed that fell on rich soil, they are the ones who, when they
have heard the word, embrace it with a generous and good heart, and bear
fruit through perseverance. ~Luke 8:4-15

Many things can distract us from taking the word of God into ourselves and
allowing it to take root and grow.  We can guard against them with all our
heart.  We can "come with joy into the presence of the Lord," take His word
into ourselves and let it grow!

I pray that I may avoid anything that keeps me far from the Lord.  I pray
that I may take His word into myself and let it grow and bear fruit!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Judy asks prayers for grate granddaughter because she is having trouble
eating and drinking. Mary prays in thanksgiving for her niece getting off on
felony charges and that they will be wiped off her record. Parishioner
requests prayers for sudden job loss, pray that God may lead her in the
direction that HE needs her most.

Janice asks prayers for a special intention. Jerry asks prayers for himself
who is having problems managing his anger. Beryl asks prayers for physical
healing.