<MP>Saturday, 19 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 22:17:25 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Early Sign-up Deadline ends after 10 July and price goes up $100 after that.
18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:

St. Romuald (950?-1027)
After a wasted youth, Romuald saw his father kill a relative in a duel over
property. In horror he fled to a monastery near Ravenna in Italy. After
three years some of the monks found him to be uncomfortably holy and eased
him out. He spent the next 30 years going about Italy, founding monasteries
and hermitages. He longed to give his life to Christ in martyrdom, and got
the pope's permission to preach the gospel in Hungary. But he was struck
with illness as soon as he arrived, and the illness recurred as often as he
tried to proceed. During another period of his life, he suffered great
spiritual dryness. One day as he was praying Psalm 31 ("I will give you
understanding and I will instruct you"), he was given an extraordinary light
and spirit which never left him.

For ever I will maintain my love for my servant. ~Psalm 89

All these things the pagans seek. Your heavenly Father knows that you need
them all. But seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all
these things will be given you besides. Do not worry about tomorrow;
tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil.
~Matthew 6:24-34

We are reminded of what is truly important in life.  We can trust that God
will give us all we truly need.  We don't do ourselves, or anyone else, a
favor by worrying and dwelling on the past or the future.  Today has
troubles of its own.  We can trust that God will be with us to help us do a
good job living in His presence this new day.

I pray that I may remember what is truly important I life.  I pray that I
may focus on the present day and trust that the Lord will help me do a good
job living it.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Ray asks prayers of thanksgiving wonderful report after his first six month
check up after radiation therapy. Nigel requests prayers for his dad who
will be going in for a Sonography of his stomach and kidneys,& blood tests
tomorrow. A mother requests prayers for her young son who needs to stop
drinking and get a job.

Mary requests prayers for herself and friends as they travel over 2 weeks
that all goes well and we're safe. Joanne from Pennsylvania requests prayers
for her son who is suffering great stress with his job-that he have success
finding new employment. Kathy asks for prayers for her nephew who has to
make some major life decisions and who needs the love of his parents.