<MP>Saturday, 18 November 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 22:22:56 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

T H E    S A G A    O F    T H E    E Y E
My eye did very well the whole trip. I visited my doctor in Rochester today.
He did ultrasounds and pictures to make sure the tumor is indeed dead.  It
seems to be.  The blood within the eye is clearing up now, and I'm able to
count fingers!  Monday I go back for a procedure to help the pressure go
down and stay down.  It was 33 today.  I ran out of one of he pressure pills
in Israel, the one that makes everything that is carbonated taste like
stomach acid.  Yeesh!  He was happy to write a prescription for more.  So,
keep praying.  I don't see him again for a month ... so progress seems to be
being made!

     From Father Pat Umberger

Saint Elizabeth of Hungary (1207-1231)
In her short life Elizabeth manifested such great love for the poor and
suffering that she has become the patroness of Catholic charities and of the
Secular Franciscan Order. The daughter of the King of Hungary, Elizabeth
chose a life of penance and asceticism when a life of leisure and luxury
could easily have been hers. This choice endeared her in the hearts of the
common people throughout Europe.  For more, click the link below!

"For all creation, in its several kinds, was being made over anew, serving
its natural laws, that your children might be preserved unharmed.  ~Wisdom
18:14-15; 19:6-9

The Lord said, "Pay attention to what the dishonest judge says.
Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him
day and night? Will he be slow to answer them?"  ~Luke 18:1-8

We can always remember the marvels the Lord has done for us. We know that
God has always been with His people, is with us now, and will be always. We
can have faith in God and be examples of living faith to others.

I pray that I may remember the many ways God has been with His people from
the very beginning.  I pray that I may trust in his continued presence, live
as a faith-filled person and through my life, draw others closer to the Lord
as well.