<MP>Saturday, 18 August 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 18:47:07 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL OF 36 TRAVELERS.
For information about reasonable travel from La Crosse (Onalaska) and
Minneapolis, just e-mail Father Pat:  frpat@xxxxxxxxx

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1926.
All but 4 seats must be surrendered to the airlines after August 27th.

The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you will be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can keep
track of the group!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the
door will be opened for you.  For everyone who asks receives, and everyone
who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."
~Matthew 7:7-8

We seek God's presence and "they who search shall find."  It is not a
question of searching so much as an inner consciousness of God's spirit in
our heart.  To realize God's presence we can surrender to God's will in the
small as well as in the big things of life.  This makes God's guidance
possible.  Some things separate us from God--a false word, a fear-inspired
failure, a harsh criticism, a stubborn resentment.  These are the things
that put a distance between us and God.  A word of love, a selfless
reconciliation, a kind act of helpfulness--these help us draw nearer to God.

I pray that I may think and say and do the things that help me draw nearer
to God.  I pray that I may find God in a sincere prayer, a kind word or an
unselfish deed.

Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention. Ruth from Louisiana requests
prayers for people who are in harm's way from hurricanes. Gen asks prayers
for her sister-in-law who is having radiation for cancer.

Val ask prayers for herself as she is five weeks pregnant and the pregnancy
is at risk. Mimi requests prayers for safe travel for herself and family.
Jim asks prayers for his two sons who have been and still are looking for
full-time employment.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.