<MP>Saturday, 17 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 21:14:34 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Ignatius of Antioch (d. 107?)
Born in Syria, Ignatius converted to Christianity and eventually became
bishop of Antioch. In the year 107, Emperor Trajan visited Antioch and
forced the Christians there to choose between death and apostasy. Ignatius
would not deny Christ and thus was condemned to be put to death in Rome.
Ignatius is well known for the seven letters he wrote on the long journey
from Antioch to Rome. Five of these letters are to Churches in Asia Minor;
they urge the Christians there to remain faithful to God and to obey their
superiors. He warns them against heretical doctrines, providing them with
the solid truths of the Christian faith.  For more, follow the link below:

The Lord remembers his covenant for ever. ~Psalm 105

Jesus said to his disciples: "I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me
before others the Son of Man will acknowledge before the angels of God. But
whoever denies me before others will be denied before the angels of God.
~Luke 12:8-12

God is always faithful.  Even when we stray, he is faithful to us.  We are
called to keep our part of the covenant.  When we fail, we can count on
God's forgiveness and healing. How fortunate we are.

I pray that I may remember that God never gives up on me.  I pray that I may
be faithful to my part of the covenant and live as a child of God.