<MP>Saturday, 17 March 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:12:15 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

L E N T  :  :  :  O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S

Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish illustrated by Saint Pat's
School 4th Graders. You'll find materials on Reconciliation, an Examination
of Conscience and even a Credit Card to Heaven.  Lenten regulations are
there too, along with a complete schedule of Services and Activities.  Be
sure to visit our ON-LINE STATIONS OF THE CROSS.  I've written them for
children and adults alike.  They've been newly illustrated this year by the
4th Graders at our own Saint Patrick's School and are available in English
and Spanish as well.
Just follow the link from:

       www.frpat.com

M A R C H    S A I N T S

Two very important Saints have Feast Days in March ...

   Saint Patrick on March 17th
   Saint Joseph on March 19th

Visit our Saint Patrick and Saint Joseph Pages for lots of good information
on these great Saints.  You might consider joining me on our October 2004
Pilgrimage to Ireland too, and start getting excited about visiting the Land
of Saint Patrick!  Just follow the banner links from:

       www.frpat.com

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
04-15 November.  The brochure is now on line!
$2599 from Minneapolis, $2499 from JFK in New York

Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up any time now, and
we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy Land has been
their most popular destination!  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Jesus woke up and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, 'Peace! Be still!'
Then the wind ceased, and there was a dead calm.  He said to them, 'Why are
you afraid? Have you still no faith?'  And they were filled with great awe
and said to one another, 'Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea
obey him?'"  ~Mark 4:39-41

We can withdraw in to the calm of communion with God.  We can rest in that
calm and peace.  When the soul finds its home of rest in God, then it is
that real life begins.  Only when we are calm and serene can we do good
work.  Emotional upsets can make us useless.  Life in God brings calmness
and when we enter into that life, then we live as eternal beings.  Calmness
is based on complete trust in God.  Nothing in this world can separate us
from the love of God.

I pray that I may wear the world like a loose garment.  I pray that I may
keep serene at the center of my being.

Karen gives prayers of thanks for a biopsy that turned out to be benign and
for all the prayers given. Jeanne, a widow, requests prayers that the V A
will not reduce or take away her pension. Gaby asks prayers for her husband,
that God may give him the strength he needs to quit smoking.

Lenny requests prayers for a favorable outcome of the job interview she went
to last Tuesday. Dino asks prayers for a special intention. Susan asks
prayers for a special intention. Sheila asks prayers for a special
intention. Antoinette asks prayers for a special intention. Pat asks prayer
for someone and her family to lost their mother today to cancer that the
Lord will be their strength and consolation in their grief.

A member asks for prayers that the results of her son's biopsy will be
negative. Anthony asks prayers for his wife who has heart problems. Amanda
would like to give thanks for the sale of her home and asks that everything
go though okay for their new family home and the extended family. Marilyn
asks prayers for a special intention.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site