<MP>Saturday, 17 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:56:09 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Benedict Joseph Labre (d. 1783)
Benedict Joseph Labre was truly eccentric, one of God's special little ones.
Born in France and the eldest of 18 children, he studied under his uncle, a
parish priest. Because of poor health and a lack of suitable academic
preparation he was unsuccessful in his attempts to enter the religious life.
Then, at 16 years of age, a profound change took place. Benedict lost his
desire to study and gave up all thoughts of the priesthood, much to the
consternation of his relatives. He became a pilgrim, traveling from one
great shrine to another, living off alms. He wore the rags of a beggar and
shared his food with the poor. Filled with the love of God and neighbor,
Benedict had special devotion to the Blessed Mother and to the Blessed
Sacrament. In Rome, where he lived in the Colosseum for a time, he was
called "the poor man of the Forty Hours Devotion" and "the beggar of Rome."
The people accepted his ragged appearance better than he did. His excuse to
himself was that "our comfort is not in this world."

The word of God continued to spread, and the number of the disciples in
Jerusalem increased greatly; even a large group of priests were becoming
obedient to the faith. ~Acts 6:1-7

The sea was stirred up because a strong wind was blowing. When they had
rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and
coming near the boat, and they began to be afraid. But he said to them, "It
is I. Do not be afraid." ~John 6:16-21

"Do not be afraid."  Jesus comforts the fishermen with these same words he
has used to help his disciples after His Resurrection.  They arrive safely
at shore.  And faith continues to grow and increase greatly as the Word of
God continues to spread.

I pray that I may hear these words of Jesus, "Do not be afraid."  I pray
that my faith may continue to grow and that I may help others draw closer to
God by the way I live my life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Gin asks prayers for a special intention. Nancy from PA requests prayers for
a stranger she met when dining out who was to have a bone biopsy today and
she told her she would pray for her and that she have a good outcome with
her tests. Terry asks prayers for a special intention.

Susanne asks prayers for her husband who is ill, to accept his illness and
to find God in his life through his family, and for peace of mind and good
health. Dorothy asks prayers for her sister in CA, that she find living
quarters, and good steady employment.

A Member requests prayers for her Granddaughter who is in second grade and
has been teased, for ADD that she will receive all the she needs from the
school, therapy, etc. Alvina asks prayers for a special intention.

A member requests prayers for her brother and her son who are both looking
for jobs, that God will guide in their search for work, and that they will
not lose faith during this time. A member requests prayers for her cousin
who has an upcoming interview, that she successfully gains employment. Joie
asks prayers for a boy who is 12 years old, and has cancer.

We pray for the victims of the mine explosion and natural disasters. We pray
for those receiving Confirmation and First Communion, especially the second
graders in our CCD Program who will receive First Communion this weekend.