<MP>Saturday, 16 September 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:19:41 -0500

T E C H    T I P    F R O M    F A T H E R    P A T
Increase Morning Prayer text size!

From member Rick ... If you hold the control key down (on most computers)
and then roll the wheel on the mouse the text will become larger or smaller.

     From Father Pat Umberger

"There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy
habitation of the Most High."  Psalm 46:4

We seem to live not only in time but also in eternity.  If we abide with God
and God abides with us, we may bring forth spiritual fruit which can last
for eternity.  If we live with God, our lives can flow as some calm river
through the dry land of earth.  It can cause the trees and flowers of the
spiritual life--love and service--to spring forth and yield abundantly.
Spiritual work may be done for eternity, not just for now. Even here on
earth we can live as though our real lives were eternal.

I pray that I may try to make my life like cool river in a thirsty land. I
pray that I may give freely to all who ask my help.

Richard asks prayers for his mother to get into Sunrise so she can get the
care she needs. Abraham asks prayers for the rebuilding of a Church. A
member asks prayers for healing for dental problem and successful surgery,
root canal, extraction as God wills. A member requests a safe trip to his
home in Florida on next Tuesday.

A member requests prayers for a baby who was born prematurely and is
struggling for her life. Marilyn asks prayers for a friend's complete
healing after hip surgery. Frieda asks prayers of thanksgiving after Fr.
Pat's good eye checkup. Patty asks prayers for a boy whose leg is short
causing his spine to curve, that he be healed.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for her friend in Arizona who is having to
make a difficult decision regarding heart surgery that the decision she
makes may be according to God's Holy Will. Diane ask prays for her husband
because results from test show smaller tumors in lungs but new spots on
spine new treatment to start Mon.

Marilynn requests prayers for her mother's recovery from her June 6th
surgery. Donna asks prayer for her 28 year old niece who had a stroke and is
in Intensive Care. Verda asks prayers for a friend who will be having
surgery on Friday for a tumor on her brain.

Laura asks prayers for her sister who has cancer that the CT scan she had
done will show that the chemo is shrinking the tumors and saving her life.
Jennifer asks prayers for her father who was hospitalized on Monday for
congestive heart failure.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm