<MP>Saturday, 16 May 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 09:44:35 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Margaret of Cortona (1247-1297)
Margaret was born of farming parents in Laviano, Tuscany. Her mother died
when Margaret was seven; life with her stepmother was so difficult that
Margaret moved out. For nine years she lived with Arsenio, though they were
not married, and she bore him a son. In those years, she had doubts about
her situation. Somewhat like St. Augustine she prayed for purity-but not
just yet.  For more, follow the link below:

A Macedonian stood before him and implored him with these words, "Come over
to Macedonia and help us." When he had seen the vision, we sought passage to
Macedonia at once, concluding that God had called us to proclaim the Good
News to them. ~Acts 16:1-10

Jesus said to his disciples: "If the world hates you, realize that it hated
me first. If you belonged to the world, the world would love its own; but
because you do not belong to the world, and I have chosen you out of the
world, the world hates you. ~John 15: 18-21

The Spirit was active in the early Church.  The Spirit is active today! Paul
tried very hard to follow the promptings of the Spirit, and when he was
wrong Spirit corrected him. Jesus reminds us that if we follow His way, we
will seem different from others, and others may even hate us.  But the
Spirit calls us not to belong to the world and its values, but to belong to
God. And that's not easy!

I pray that I may strive to follow the Spirit's promptings in my life.  I
pray that I may not follow the values of the world, but the values that come
to me from God.