<MP>Saturday, 16 June 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 21:55:38 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage! Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"O give thanks to the LORD, call on his name, make known his deeds among the
peoples.  Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wonderful works.
Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually."  ~Psalm
105:1-4

We can seek God early in the day, before God gets crowded out by life's
problems, difficulties or pleasures.  In that early quiet time we can gain a
calm, strong confidence in the goodness and purpose in the universe.  We
need not seek God only when the world's struggles prove too much and too
many for us to bear or face alone.  We can seek God early, when we can have
a consciousness of God's spirit in the world. Sometimes we seek God only
when our difficulties are too great to be surmounted in any other way,
forgetting that if we sought God's companionship before we needed it, many
of our difficulties would never arise in the first place!

I pray that I may not let God be crowded out by the busyness of life. I pray
that I may seek God early and often.

Grandmother asking prayers for grandson to find peace in his life. Dolly
asks prayers for 3 special intentions. Deacon Chester asks prayers for his
best friend who is dying of esophageal cancer, and his grown nephew who has
been given 6 months to a year left to live due to stomach cancer.

Juanita asks prayers for a special intention. JP asks prayers for his wife
who has diabetes and fights infection in her toes and feet and the
possibility of amputation. Rosemary asks for prayer for her husband who is
struggling to stop smoking.

A mother requests prayers for her Daughter who is having a difficult first
pregnancy. Kathy asks prayers for two special intentions. Pavitra asks
prayers of thanksgiving for her husband's new job. Elenita asks prayers for
a special intention.