<MP>Saturday, 16 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:25:59 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the
Stations every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

V A L E N T I N E ' S    D A Y

I found a group of Valentines dating from 1848-1921.  They were sent from
the Blair/Arcadia area.  I scanned them , along with some of the written
messages inside.  Come and see this treasure. The message from one of the
1848 Valentines is included at the bottom of this e-mail.  Visit our Web
Site for our Valentine's Day Page.  I've included some good links, including
the History of Valentine's Day, Saint Valentine, and a *wonderful* story ...
"The Beautiful Heart." Use the easy on-line referral form too, to recommend
this page to family members and friends.  Learn more about Devotion to the
Sacred Heart of Jesus as well. Just follow the banner link from:
http://frpat.com/

St. Gilbert of Sempringham c. 1083-1189)
Gilbert was born in Sempringham, England, into a wealthy family, but he
followed a path quite different from that expected of him as the son of a
Norman knight. Sent to France for his higher education, he decided to pursue
seminary studies. For more about this Saint, click the link below:

Moses spoke to the people, saying: "This day the LORD, your God, commands
you to observe these statutes and decrees.
Be careful, then, to observe them with all your heart and with all your
soul.  ~ Deuteronomy 26:16-19

But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you,
that you may be children of your heavenly Father, for he makes his sun rise
on the bad and the good, and causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust.
~ Matthew 5:43-48

Our Scriptures these Lenten days are difficult for us to hear.  We all like
to be forgiven, but find it difficult to forgive others ... and to admit our
own wrongdoing and ask forgiveness.  Still, Jesus says, "Love your enemies,
and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your
heavenly Father."

I pray that I may keep the Lord's commandments with all my heart and soul.
I pray that I can love my enemies and pray for those who persecute me as the
Lord asks.  I pray that I may live as a true child of my heavenly Father.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A concerned brother asks prayers for a sister with a possible diagnosis of
breast cancer. Joann asks prayers for a special intention. Debbie asks for
prayers for a friend who is severely depressed. Brian asks prayers for a
special intention.

A member asks prayers for her family as well as her  mother and father in
law who are in danger of losing the homes that were given to them as gifts
because of a lawsuit that was brought on by a disappointed beneficiary.
Murray asks prayers for a special intention. Sue asks for prayers for a
friend whose husband died suddenly, that their family may be comforted by
God's love.