<MP>Saturday, 15 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 22:34:19 -0500 (CDT)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21
November.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The
brochure is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from:
www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross. They've been newly illustrated by
the 4th Graders of Saint Pat's School. I think you'll like them a great
deal. Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Joseph
The Bible pays Joseph the highest compliment: he was a ?just? man. The
quality meant a lot more than faithfulness in paying debts.
When the Bible speaks of God ?justifying? someone, it means that God, the
all-holy or ?righteous? One, so transforms a person that the individual
shares somehow in God?s own holiness, and hence it is really ?right? for
God to love him or her. In other words, God is not playing games, acting
as if we were lovable when we are not. By saying Joseph was ?just,? the
Bible means that he was one who was completely open to all that God wanted
to do for him. He became holy by opening himself totally to God.

For more about St. Joseph, follow this Link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/SaintOfDay/default.asp?id=1327

.=: S C R I P T U R E S   F O R   T H E   D A Y :=.

The LORD spoke to Nathan and said: ?Go, tell my servant David, ?When your
time comes and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your heir
after you, sprung from your loins, and I will make his kingdom firm.  ~ 2
Samuel 7:4-5a, 12-14a, 16

?Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary your wife into your
home. For it is through the Holy Spirit that this child has been conceived
in her. She will bear a son and you are to name him Jesus, because he will
save his people from their sins. ? When Joseph awoke, he did as the angel
of the Lord had commanded him and took his wife into his home.  ~ Matthew
1:16, 18-21, 24a

Saint Joseph was a just man and a carpenter.  He was completely open to
what God wanted for him. He becme holy by opening himself entirely to God.
 His mission set him apart and was a great blessing to him, but it wasn't
easy at all, and opened him up to suspicion.  Still, he said "Yes" to God
and fulfilled God's plan to be a good example to all of us.

I pray that I may be "just" as Saint Joseph wasy.  I pray that I may
accept my own mission from God, knowing that it won't always be an easy
one. I pray that I may become holy by opening myself entirely to God.