<MP>Saturday, 14 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 19:49:39 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Maximilian (d. 295)
We have an early, precious, almost unembellished account of the martyrdom of
St. Maximilian in modern-day Algeria.
Brought before the proconsul Dion, Maximilian refused enlistment in the
Roman army saying, "I cannot serve, I cannot do evil. I am a Christian."
Dion replied: "You must serve or die." Maximilian: "I will never serve. You
can cut off my head, but I will not be a soldier of this world, for I am a
soldier of Christ. My army is the army of God, and I cannot fight for this
world. I tell you I am a Christian."  For more, follow the link below:

Who is there like you, the God who removes guilt and pardons sin for the
remnant of his inheritance; Who does not persist in anger forever, but
delights rather in clemency, And will again have compassion on us, treading
underfoot our guilt? ~Micah 7:14-15, 18-20

He said to him, 'My son, you are here with me always; everything I have is
yours. But now we must celebrate and rejoice,
because your brother was dead and has come to life again; he was lost and
has been found.'"  ~Luke 15:1-3, 11-32

God is infinitely forgiving.  Like the Father in the story of the Prodigal
Son we hear today, His love is always there.  He has great patience as we
waits for us to return.  Sometimes that happens because our self-will
doesn't lead us anywhere good.  But God is not there to harm us, but to
accept us back with all His heart.  We can believe this as we prepare for
the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) this Holy Season of Advent.

I pray that I may never forget that God's love for me is always there.  I
pray that I may have the courage to receive God's forgiveness and to return
to Him with all my heart.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for her son-in-law who will be taking a
job-related test , which if he passes, will give him certification in his
field and an opportunity for better income. Carol asks prayers for her
sister. Mary requests prayers for a young man who will be put to death on
April 7 in Colorado, and for his family.

Doreen asks prayers for a special intention. Pat prays that God bless the
Sisters of Charity of Mt. St. Joseph, Ohio, who are celebrating their 200th
anniversary on March 14th. A member asks for prayers for her boyfriend and
herself that God continues to guide them in their journey together. Liz
requests prayers for her son who is starting a new job.

A member asks prayers for her Nephew who is undergoing treatment for throat
cancer and has lost his voice and must be on a feeding tube. Tina asks
prayers for her husband, that his job situation will improve. Ruth asks
prayers for a special intention. Annette asks prayers for a special
intention.