<MP>Saturday, 13 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 18:28:01 -0500

Why not forward a copy to family members and friends. Morning Prayer
provides a short reflection and a concrete way to apply Scriptures to our
lives, and uses the Scriptures and Saint for the Mass of the Day. Learn more
by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque (1647-1690)
After considering marriage for a time, Margaret Mary entered the Visitation
Sisters at age 24. Beginning in 1674 she received revelations from God.
Christ asked that his love be made evident through her. During the next 3
months he appeared to her several times His human heart was to be the symbol
of his divine love for us. By her own love she was to make up for the
coldness and ingratitude of the world. Theologians and her own sisters were
hostile to her, but the message prevailed and out of her revelations came
our devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

For much more about the Sacred Heart, visit my Web Site:
www.frpat.com/sacredheart.htm

"Judah will abide forever, and Jerusalem for all generations."  ~Joel
4:12-21

"Rejoice in the Lord, you just!"  ~Psalm 47

Jesus said, "Rather, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe
it."  ~Luke 11:27-28

As Jesus ventures forth into his ministry, Mary was with him. As Jesus was
ever close to His mother, He is ever close to us. He calls us to honor Him
by hearing the word of God and keeping it.

I pray that I may always remember that Jesus is the Word of God made Flesh.
I pray that I may know his love for me through his Sacred Heart, that I "may
hear the Word of God and observe it."

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Ann asks prayers for a smooth fourth cycle of Chemo for herself.  She asks
prayers too, that I will have successful eye surgery and all will be well
with it. Roz requests prayers for Fr. Bob that the surgery on his eye next
week will be successful. Cindy asks prayers for her pastor, Fr. Andrew who
is in pain and is recovering from surgery.

Agnes asks prayers for a special intention. Joe and Dottie pray that Fr.
Pat's eye surgery will be successful, and that his eye will be once again
healthy. Cecelia gives prayers of thanksgiving for the good report on the
2nd anniversary of  her husband's heart valve replacement. Paul asks prayers
for successful outcome of his heart surgery on Monday. Ann asks prayers for
Fr. Pat, that the Doctors at Mayo, will be able to stop the problems, that
Fr. Pat has been having with his eye/vein, and keep his eye forever.

Bev asks prayers that the doctor can successfully heal Fr. Pat's eye once
and for all. Bev ask that we pray that the doctors can find a new chemo
treatment for her sister-in-law because the one she is doing now is not
working. A  grateful  member from England would like to join all praying for
Father Pat at this time. Amy asks prayers for a dear friend whose mother
just passed away.