<MP>Saturday, 13 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 18:12:06 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
   10-22 November 2008

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 14 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

Sts. John Jones and John Wall (c. 1530-1598; 1620-1679)
These two friars were martyred in England in the 16th and 17th centuries for
refusing to deny their faith.
John Jones was Welsh. He was ordained a diocesan priest and was twice
imprisoned for administering the sacraments before leaving England in 1590.
He joined the Franciscans at the age of 60 and returned to England three
years later while Queen Elizabeth I was at the height of her power. John
ministered to Catholics in the English countryside until his imprisonment in
1596. He was condemned to be hanged, drawn and quartered. John was executed
on July 12, 1598. For more, follow the link below:

Then I said, "Woe is me, I am doomed! For I am a man of unclean lips, living
among a people of unclean lips; yet my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of
hosts!" Then one of the seraphim flew to me, holding an ember that he had
taken with tongs from the altar. He touched my mouth with it and said, "See,
now that this has touched your lips, your wickedness is removed, your sin
purged." ~Isaiah 6:1-8

And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul;
rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy
both soul and body in Gehenna. Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin?
Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father's knowledge.
Even all the hairs of your head are counted. So do not be afraid; you are
worth more than many sparrows. ~Matthew 10:24-33

We can be confronted by our shortcomings and sinfulness.  Sometimes we can
give up on ourselves and see ourselves as hopeless or unforgivable.  Our
Scriptures today show us that our wickedness can be removed, our sin purged.
We can appreciate our worth in God's eyes.  We can return to God and ask
forgiveness. We can open ourselves to cleansing, purification and a new way
of life. God will not let us down.

I pray that I may not be overwhelmed by my shortcomings.  I pray that I may
trust in God's forgiveness and healing.  I pray that I may avail myself of
this forgiveness and use God's grace to start a new way of living.