<MP>Saturday, 13 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 23:57:07 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If
you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.

St. Giles Mary of St. Joseph (1729-1812)
In the same year that a power-hungry Napoleon Bonaparte led his army into
Russia, Giles Mary of St. Joseph ended a life of humble service to his
Franciscan community and to the citizens of Naples. Francesco was born in
Taranto to very poor parents. His father?s death left the 18-year-old
Francesco to care for the family. Having secured their future, he entered
the Friars Minor at Galatone in 1754. For 53 years he served at St.
Paschal?s Hospice in Naples in various roles, such as cook, porter or most
often as official beggar for that community.

Remember us, O Lord, as you favor your people. ~Psalm 106

He said the blessing over them and ordered them distributed also. They ate
and were satisfied. They picked up the fragments left over?seven baskets.
~Mark 8:1-10

Jesus has compassion on those who were hungry. He shows his disciples
that, athought they don't have enough, they have plenty.  All are fed,
thousands of them, and there is more left over afterward than they began
with.

I pray that I may trust that God has given me enough.  I pray that I may
not be afraid to share what God has given me with others.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.