<MP>Saturday, 13 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 20:19:40 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

M Y    S T E M    C E L L    T R A N S P L A N T
I began the process at Mayo Clinic in Rochester on 01 December. Visit my Web
Site for a complete description.  Just follow the front page link from:
www.frpat.com Visit my Blog too, for daily updates: www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  A D V E N T     P A G E S  :=.

Our Advent Pages are up and running. There are special pages for Saint
Nicholas (December 6), Our Lady of Guadalupe, Juan Diego and more.  There
are Advent resources and special blessings for Advent, our Nativity Scene,
Christmas Tree, Advent Wreath and more.  There are resources for
Reconciliation available in both English and Spanish. Visit our Web Site and
click the banner link from: www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Lucy (d. 304)
Every little girl named Lucy must bite her tongue in disappointment when she
first tries to find out what there is to know about her patron saint. The
older books will have a lengthy paragraph detailing a small number of
traditions. Newer books will have a lengthy paragraph showing that there is
little basis in history for these traditions. The single fact survives that
a disappointed suitor accused Lucy of being a Christian and she was executed
in Syracuse (Sicily) in the year 304. But it is also true that her name is
mentioned in the First Eucharistic Prayer, geographical places are named
after her, a popular song has her name as its title and down through the
centuries many thousands of little girls have been proud of the name Lucy.
For more, follow the link below:

To turn back the hearts of fathers toward their sons, and to re-establish
the tribes of Jacob. Blessed is he who shall have seen you and who falls
asleep in your friendship. ~Sirach 48:1-4, 9-11

So also will the Son of Man suffer at their hands."
Then the disciples understood
that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist. ~Matthew 17:9a, 10-13

If our hearts are full of peace, peace breaks our around us.  There is not
interest in taking anything from us, because we treat others with the
justice that is the source of peace.  There is not interest either, in
making others look smaller, but we busy ourselves in building others up.
Through our example of peace we reveal a little of what God is about.  And
God's dream for us come true, just a little bit.  And as more join in, a
whole lot more.

I pray that my heart may be full of peace.  I pray that God's dream may come
true just a little because of me, and much more through those who follow my
example and provide a good example for still others to follow.