<MP>Saturday, 12 May 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 21:26:20 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you live near Onalaska you're invited to an information morning or
evening ... with a great video of many of the places we'll visit,
information about our Pilgrimages in general, and a chance to ask questions.
Tuesday, 29 May at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.  If you think you may be joining us,
let me know as soon as you can so I can keep track of the group!

M A Y / M O T H E R ' S    D A Y /  M A R Y ' S    M O N T H
Visit my Web Site for our Mother's Day page.  It includes some great links,
stories and pass-alongs.  Many of us who have lost moms find this a hard
time of the year.  Visit our Grief Support page as well. You'll find the
blessing we use in Church here at Saint Pat's as well. I hope you enjoy it.

This is also Mary's Month.  Learn more about what we believe about Mary as
Catholics.  It's a great refresher for Catholics and it can be a great
awakening for those who are a bit suspicious about what we think of Mary.
Just click the link from: www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate
your enemy.'  But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who
persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he
makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the
righteous and on the unrighteous.  ~Matthew 5:43-45

We can turn out all thoughts of doubt and fear and resentment.  We need not
tolerate them.  We can bar the windows and doors of our minds against them,
as we would bar our homes against a thief who would steal in to take away
our treasures.  What greater treasures can we have than faith and courage
and love?  All these can be stolen from us by doubt and fear and resentment.
We can face each day with peace and hope.  They are the results of true
faith in God.  Faith can give us a feeling of protection and safety that we
can get in no other way.

I pray that I may feel protected and safe, but not only when I am in the
harbor.  I pray that I may have protection and safety even in the midst of
the storms of life.

A mother asks prayers for her daughter who has not felt good for over two
years. Tina offers prayers of praise and thanksgiving for the successful
outcome of a recent challenge. Chiq asks prayers for a special intention.
Dianne asks prayers for a special intention. Betty asks prayers for a
special intention.

Chris asks prayers for her daughter and son-in-law as doctors try to
determine why they can't carry a child to term. Ron asks prayers for someone
who is taking his medical boards that he is successful and handles the
stress with Gods help.