<MP>Saturday, 12 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 22:34:54 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Teresa of Los Andes (1900-1920)
One needn't live a long life to leave a deep imprint. Teresa of Los Andes is
proof of that. As a young girl growing up in Santiago, Chile, in the early
1900s, she read an autobiography of a French-born saint-Therese, popularly
known as the Little Flower. The experience deepened her desire to serve God
and clarified the path she would follow. At age 19 she became a Carmelite
nun, taking the name of Teresa. For more, click the link below:

The Church throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria was at peace. She was
being built up and walked in the fear of the Lord, and with the consolation
of the Holy Spirit she grew in numbers. ~Acts 9:31-42

Jesus then said to the Twelve, "Do you also want to leave?" Simon Peter
answered him, "Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal
life. We have come to believe and are convinced that you are the Holy One of
God."  ~John 6:60-69

"The Church was being built up and walked in the fear of the Lord, and with
the consolation of the Holy Spirit she grew in numbers." Healings were
taking place. The dead were raised. Still, some did not believe, even some
of Jesus' disciples. But Peter professes a faith that strengthens that of
the others, "Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal
life. We have come to believe and are convinced that you are the Holy One of
God."

I pray that I may be willing to receive the Holy Spirit and use the power of
the Resurrection to grow in faith and build up the Church.  I pray that
those around me may come to deeper belief because of the renewed faith they
see in me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Greg From Lancaster Pa. requests Prayers for his uncle who was murdered this
past week. Ray from Minnesota asks prayers for Fr. Pat and the surgeons who
will be operating on his eye. Donna asks for prayers for her son, that he
find a good job. Mary asks prayers for Fr. Pat as he faces eye surgery, and
her Sister who is showing symptoms of Dementia.

Deb asks for prayers for her son, a recent college graduate, who is having
difficulty finding full-time employment. Christine asks prayers for her son
who is the object of a bizarre incident at his high school, that the unknown
perpetrator stops these worrisome actions against her son. Sue in TX gives
prayers of thanksgiving for keeping us safe during yesterday's storms.

Rose asks prayers for someone whose health is rapidly declining due to a
brain tumor. Mary asks prayers for a cousin who is undergoing brain surgery
and for her family who await the results. Brian asks prayers for a special
intention. Continuing to pray for Father Pat for a successful surgery. May
the Lord bestow many blessings to Father Pat during his surgery.