<MP>Saturday, 11 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:47:07 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   CALL PENTECOST TOURS TO SEE IF ANY SEATS ARE
   AVAILABLE.  800 713-9800

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

Blessed Angela Truszkowska (1825-1899)
Today we honor a woman who submitted to God's will throughout her life-a
life filled with pain and suffering.
Born in 1825 in central Poland and baptized Sophia, she contracted
tuberculosis as a young girl. The forced period of convalescence gave her
ample time for reflection. Sophia felt called to serve God by working with
the poor, including street children and the elderly homeless in Warsaw's
slums. In time, her cousin joined her in the work.  For more, follow the
link below:

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free person,
there is not male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
~Galatians 3:22-29

He replied, "Rather, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe
it." ~Luke 11:27-28

It is easy for us to feel comfortable around our own family members and
friends ... those who are very much like us.  Still, we are told that all of
us are one in Christ Jesus.  So, although family ties are important, we are
all tied together in Jesus Christ.  We are called to treat one another as
the brothers and sisters we truly are.

I pray that I may not discriminate against anybody.  I pray that I may live
my life knowing that absolutely everybody is my brother and sister.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Lynn asks prayers for her brother-in-law who has untreated diabetes and high
blood pressure, that he will seek treatment and that the treatment will work
soon. Tina asks prayers for several special intentions. Nancy from PA
requests prayers for a good friend, only in her 40's, who had a stroke just
in the past couple of days that God may help her in her recovery.

A mom asks prayers for healing of daughter who is mom to two toddlers, that
serious ovarian is benign. Jerry is requesting prayers for the recovery of
someone who is suffering from high blood pressure.