<MP>Saturday, 10 February 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 19:25:23 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Then he told this parable: "A man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard;
and he came looking for fruit on it and found none.  So he said to the
gardener, 'See here! For three years I have come looking for fruit on this
fig tree, and still I find none. Cut it down! Why should it be wasting the
soil?'  He replied, 'Sir, let it alone for one more year, until I dig around
it and put manure on it. If it bears fruit next year, well and good; but if
not, you can cut it down.'"  ~Luke 13:6-9

Like a tree, it is best for me to be pruned of a lot of dead branches so I
can be ready to bear good fruit.  I can think of changed people as trees
which have been stripped of their old branches, pruned, cut and bare.  But
through the dark, seemingly dead branches flows silently, secretly, the new
sap, until with the sun of spring, comes new life. There are new leaves,
buds, blossoms and fruit, many times better because of the pruning.  I am in
the hands of God, a master gardener, who makes no mistakes in pruning.

I pray that I may cut away the dead branches of my life.  I pray that I may
not mind the pruning since it helps me to bear good fruit later.

Prayers for Barbara's friend whose grandson will be admitted Feb 10 to the
hospital and will have surgery on the 12th. Mary offers prayers of
thanksgiving for her sister-in-law's successful brain surgery and report.
Rick asks prayers for a special intention.

Patty requests prayer for friends' daughter who was in serious car accident
and broke feet, legs, pelvis, ribs, spine, and face; has had many surgeries.
Helen-Ann asks prayers for a special intention. A member is thankful for
prayers answered with regards to husband's knee surgery and mother's cancer.

A faithful member selfishly asks for prayers for the healing of her
problematic legs. Debbie request prayers for reconciliation  in her
marriage, provide a sign of trust and forgiveness. Ina asks prayers for a
special intention.