<MP>Saturday, 10 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 20:40:25 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Magdalen of Canossa (1774-1835)
Wealth and privilege did nothing to prevent today's saint from following her
calling to serve Christ in the poor. Nor did the protests of her relatives,
concerned that such work was beneath her. Born in northern Italy in 1774,
Magdalen knew her mind-and spoke it. At age 15 she announced she wished to
become a nun. After trying out her vocation with the cloistered Carmelites,
she realized her desire was to serve the needy without restriction. For
years she worked among the poor and sick in hospitals and in their homes and
among delinquent and abandoned girls. In her mid-twenties Magdalen began
offering lodging to poor girls in her own home. In time she opened a school,
which offered practical training and religious instruction. As other women
joined her in the work, the new Congregation of the Daughters of Charity
emerged. Over time, houses were opened throughout Italy.

For more, follow this link:

So they called them back and ordered them not to speak or teach at all in
the name of Jesus. Peter and John, however, said to them in reply, "Whether
it is right in the sight of God for us to obey you rather than God, you be
the judges. It is impossible for us not to speak about what we have seen and
heard." ~Acts 4:13-21

But later, as the Eleven were at table, he appeared to them and rebuked them
for their unbelief and hardness of heart
because they had not believed those who saw him after he had been raised. He
said to them, "Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every
creature." ~Mark 16:9-15

The disciples of Jesus were people of integrity.  They didn't worry so much
about the honors of this world as they did about being true to God and His
call in their lives. The power of the Resurrection is unleashed and many
more begin to believe as the Eleven "Go into the world and proclaim the
Gospel to every creature."

I pray that I may be more concerned with following God's call than I am for
the things of this world. I pray that I may use the Lord's risen presence in
me to proclaim the Gospel in my life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Colleen asks prayers for a special intention. Luvina is thankful for all her
many blessings and asks prayers for healing of a specific issue. Debbie asks
for prayers for her father in law who is in a nursing home and is tired of
living, may he be welcomed homed soon.

Prayers for daughter who lost her job, that God will guide her to the job
that He wants for her, and that she will trust and keep her eyes on Him.
Mary asks prayers for a 13 yr old and her baby who was born early and only
weighs 19 oz. Suzanne asks prayers for a special intention.

Giselle asks prayers for a special intention. Maria asks prayers for a
special intention. Brian asks prayers for a friend who has recurring cancer
removed from his back, that The Lord might bless him with a miracle.

We pray for the victims of the mine explosion and natural disasters. We pray
for those receiving Confirmation and First Communion, especially the second
graders in our CCD Program who will receive First Communion this weekend.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse