<MP>Saturday, 09 January 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 22:32:33 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

WE HAVE AN ITINERARY: We have a tentative Itinerary for the trip. Follow
the link from www.frpat.com for details. Land arrangements, hotels and
pricing will be on the way soon!
Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information and a complete itinerary will be on the way very soon!
Keep this great Pilgrimage in the back of your mind ... or start saving
your nickels. I'll let you know when firm dates and other information is
available. For now, let's pray for the success of this wonderful
Pilgrimage! If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  First drawing is on 18 January, so
there's still time to get some calendars! If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Adrian of Canterbury (d. 710)
Though St. Adrian turned down a papal request to become Archbishop of
Canterbury, England, Pope St. Vitalian accepted the rejection on the
condition that Adrian serve as the Holy Father?s assistant and adviser.
Adrian accepted, but ended up spending most of his life and doing most of
his work in Canterbury. Born in Africa, Adrian was serving as an abbot in
Italy when the new Archbishop of Canterbury appointed him abbot of the
monastery of Sts. Peter and Paul in Canterbury. Thanks to his leadership
skills, the facility became one of the most important centers of learning.
The school attracted many outstanding scholars from far and wide and
produced numerous future bishops and archbishops. Students reportedly
learned Greek and Latin and spoke Latin as well as their own native
languages.

Beloved: We have this confidence in him that if we ask anything according
to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to
whatever we ask, we know that what we have asked him for is ours. ~1 John
5:14-21

John answered and said, ?No one can receive anything except what has been
given from heaven. You yourselves can testify that I said that I am not
the Christ, but that I was sent before him. The one who has the bride is
the bridegroom; the best man, who stands and listens for him, rejoices
greatly at the bridegroom?s voice. So this joy of mine has been made
complete. He must increase; I must decrease.? ~John 3:22-30

Scripture for the Day: http://www.usccb.org/nab/

"He must increase; I must decrease." This can be a lifetime process, to
put aside our self-will as we allow God's will to take over in our lives.
Although it seems as though we're giving up everything, we actually gain
everything.  We can trust in the God who made us, provides for us and keep
us in existence.

I pray that I may put aside my sellf-will and allow God's will to take
over in my life.  I pray that He may increase and I may decrease.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!

Copyright MMX, Fr. Pat Umberger