<MP>Saturday, 09 December 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 17:07:52 -0600

F E A S T    O F    J U A N    D I E G O

Today is the Feast of Saint Juan Diego, one of our newest Saints.  I
concelebrated at his Canonization Mass with Pope John Paul II, Bishop Burke
and Bishops and Cardinals from throughout the world.  Juan Diego is the poor
Indian man that Mary appeared to at Guadalupe.  Visit his special page at my
Web Site and see photos taken at the Canonization Mass.  Visit our Our Lady
of Guadalupe page too.  Just follow the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Those who seek the LORD lack no good thing."  ~Psalm 34:10

We all seek something, but many of us do not know what we want in life.  We
sometimes seek things because we are restless and dissatisfied, without
realizing that faith in God can give an objective and a purpose to our
lives.  Many of us are at least subconsciously seeking for a power greater
than ourselves because that could give meaning to our existence.  If we have
found God, we can be the means of leading others aright, by showing them
that their search for a meaning to life can end when they find faith and
trust in God as the answer.

I pray that my soul can lose its restlessness by finding rest in God. I pray
that I may find peace of mind in the thought of God and God's purpose for my
life.

Mary asks prayers for her brother-in-law who is having problems with his
heart. Nancy from PA requests prayers for a member of their church choir and
her husband who were in a traffic accident near Pittsburgh in which the wife
was killed and her husband is in critical condition that God may give their
family strength and comfort. Marty asks prayers for her husband who is dying
of cancer.

Ann asks prayers for a friend having surgery for liver cancer. Mary asks
prayers for her brother and sister-in-law who are struggling with a terminal
condition. Ann asks prayers for those who have abandoned their relative,
that they reach out to the person, and include them in their get togethers,
at Christmas time and other occasions also.

Pat asks prayers for newly wed daughter who is being abused by her husband.
A member asks prayers for a friend whose father's funeral is on Saturday.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm