<MP>Saturday, 09 August 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 21:39:07 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   *** At least 18 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already
been taken.
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein) (1891-1942)
A brilliant philosopher who stopped believing in God when she was 14, Edith
Stein was so captivated by reading the autobiography of Teresa of Avila that
she began a spiritual journey that led to her Baptism in 1922. Twelve years
later she imitated Teresa by becoming a Carmelite, taking the name Teresa
Benedicta of the Cross.
Born into a prominent Jewish family in Breslau (now Wroclaw, Poland), Edith
abandoned Judaism in her teens. As a student at the University of Göttingen,
she became fascinated by phenomenology, an approach to philosophy. Excelling
as a protégé of Edmund Husserl, one of the leading phenomenologists, Edith
earned a doctorate in philosophy in 1916. She continued as a university
teacher until 1922 when she moved to a Dominican school in Speyer; her
appointment as lecturer at the Educational Institute of Munich ended under
pressure from the Nazis.   For more, follow the link below:

The rash man has no integrity; but the just man, because of his faith, shall
live. ~Habakkuk 1:12-24

Bring the boy here to me.? Jesus rebuked him and the demon came out of him,
and from that hour the boy was cured. Then the disciples approached Jesus in
private and said, ?Why could we not drive it out?? He said to them, ?Because
of your little faith. Amen, I say to you, if you have faith the size of a
mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ?Move from here to there,? and
it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.? Matthew 17:14-20

Faith is so important. Sometimes we lack faith in ourselves.  Other times we
forget that we can rely on God, and then try to accomplish something that is
beyond our means.  We can remember that God is always with us, and that when
He calls us to do something difficult, He also gives us the grace and
strength to carry it out. As Jesus says, "If you have faith the size of a
mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "move from here to there," and
it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

I pray that I may have faith in God, knowing that the faith I have will be
more than enough.  I pray that I may not hesitate to follow God's call,
knowing that He will give me the strength and courage to do a good job.