<MP>Saturday, 08 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 17:16:20 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Peter of Tarentaise (c. 1102-1174)
There are two men named St. Peter of Tarentaise who lived one century apart.
The man we honor today is the younger Peter, born in France in the early
part of the 12th century. (The other man with the same name became Pope
Innocent the Fifth.)
The Peter we're focusing on became a Cistercian monk and eventually served
as abbot. In 1142 he was named archbishop of Tarentaise, replacing a bishop
who had been deposed because of corruption. Peter tackled his new assignment
with vigor. He brought reform into his diocese, replaced lax clergy and
reached out to the poor. He visited all parts of his mountainous diocese on
a regular basis.

For more, follow this link:

During the night Paul had a vision. A Macedonian stood before him and
implored him with these words, "Come over to Macedonia and help us." When he
had seen the vision, we sought passage to Macedonia at once, concluding that
God had called us to proclaim the Good News to them. ~Acts 16:1-10

Jesus said to his disciples: "If the world hates you, realize that it hated
me first. If you belonged to the world, the world would love its own; but
because you do not belong to the world, and I have chosen you out of the
world, the world hates you. ~John 15:18-21

Jesus continues to guide his disciples.  He lets them know that they should
not receive better treatment than He did. He has chosen them, but preaching
the Good News will be a real challenge.

I pray that I may allow Jesus to guide me.  I pray that I may be willing to
accept challenge and even hatred as I strive to live and preach the Good
News.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Flor requests for prayers to pass the exam she took. Mark requests prayers
for spiritual guidance and increased wisdom as he starts his new job. A
mother requests prayers for her daughter--that she find her way back to
Christ and find a good job.

Diane asks prayers for a family friend who found out his cancer is back. A
member asks prayers for her son who is quite ill and in pain, that they find
the cause and medication will heal him. Gloria asks prayers for husband who
has kidney cancer. Renee asks prayers for two intentions.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse