<MP>Saturday, 08 July 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 21:02:08 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.  The eyes of the
LORD are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their cry." Psalm
34:14-15

There is a force for good in the world and when we are cooperating with that
force for good, good things happen to us.  We have free-will, the choice to
be on the side of right or on the side of wrong.  This force for good we
call God's will.  God has a purpose for the world and God has a purpose for
our lives.  God wants us to bring all our desires into oneness with God's
desires.  God can only work through people.  If we try to make God's will
our will, we will be guided by God.  We can be in the stream of goodness,
carried along by everything that is right.  We can be on God's side.

I pray that I may try to make God's will my will.  I pray that I may keep in
the stream of goodness in the world.