<MP>Saturday, 07 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 18:49:35 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Sts. Perpetua and Felicity (d. 203?)
"When my father in his affection for me was trying to turn me from my
purpose by arguments and thus weaken my faith, I said to him, 'Do you see
this vessel-waterpot or whatever it may be? Can it be called by any other
name than what it is?' 'No,' he replied. 'So also I cannot call myself by
any other name than what I am-a Christian.'"
So writes Perpetua, young, beautiful, well-educated, a noblewoman of
Carthage, mother of an infant son and chronicler of the persecution of the
Christians by Emperor Septimius Severus.  For more, follow the link below:

d today the LORD is making this agreement with you: you are to be a people
peculiarly his own, as he promised you; and provided you keep all his
commandments, he will then raise you high in praise and renown and glory
above all other nations he has made, and you will be a people sacred to the
LORD, your God, as he promised."  ~Deuteronomy 26:16-19

"You have heard that it was said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your
enemy. But I say to you, love your enemies,
and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your
heavenly Father, for he makes his sun rise on the bad and the good, and
causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust. ~Matthew 5:43-48

God calls us to be His people.  Even when we fail and sin, God is there for
us, loving us and calling us to Himself. He calls us to be perfect.  It can
be natural to grant and ask forgiveness when dealing with relatives and
friends.  It is much more difficult when we're asked to forgive our enemies.
We don't have to become best friends with them or allow ourselves to be
abused, but we are called to love them.

Judi asks prayers of thanksgiving for Father Pat's recovery and healing.
Jeanne asks prayers for a special intention. Bee asks prayers that she might
be healed.

Nancy requests healing prayers for a friend's newborn who is having heart
and lung problems.

I pray that I may be a person that loves and forgives everyone.  I pray that
I may live my life as a child of God.

For more on forgiveness and resentments, check this page:
www.frpat.com/resentments.htm

Kenneth asks prayers for a special intention. Mary, a member, asks for
prayers of thanksgiving for Father Pat's continuing recovery. Cherie request
prayer's for her family to have a wonderful spring break at the Coast. Dolly
asks prayer for her thyroid ultrasound on Monday, March 9th to have a
favorable result.

Mary asks prayers for a dear friend who was just diagnosed with a large
brain tumor. Helen asks prayers for a special intention. Gen asks prayers
for son-in-law will make the right decision.