<MP>Saturday, 06 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 20:47:14 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

F A M I L Y    F U N    F E S T

St. Pat's annual Fall Fun Fest is October 11th. There will be food, and fun
for people of all ages.  Studebaker 7 will provide entertainment from 7 p.m.
to 10:30 p.m. There are also Raffle Tickets available.  1-4th Prizes are
$1,000, 5th prize is $500, 6-10th prizes are $100. If you live close to us,
why not join us.  Or, perhaps you'd like to help us by purchasing some
raffle tickets.  You can learn more at: www.stpatz.com

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, FOUR from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

Blessed Claudio Granzotto (1900-1947)
Born in Santa Lucia del Piave near Venice, Claudio was the youngest of nine
children and was accustomed to hard work in the fields. At the age of nine
he lost his father. Six years later he was drafted into the Italian army,
where he served more than three years.  For more, follow the link below:

We are fools on Christ's account, but you are wise in Christ; we are weak,
but you are strong; you are held in honor, but we in disrepute. To this very
hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are poorly clad and roughly treated, we
wander about homeless and we toil, working with our own hands. When
ridiculed, we bless; when persecuted, we endure; when slandered, we respond
gently. ~1 Corinthians 4:6b-15

While Jesus was going through a field of grain on a sabbath, his disciples
were picking the heads of grain, rubbing them in their hands, and eating
them. Some Pharisees said, "Why are you doing what is unlawful on the
sabbath?" ~Luke 6:1-5

As disciples of Jesus we are called to use our energy to make a difference
in the world we live in. We waste our time and energy when we judge and
criticize.  Judgment is up to God.  We can be hungry and thirsty, poorly
clad and roughly treated and more ... but the example of our love for God
and our willingness to walk in Jesus' footsteps is precious in today's
world. Others can be inspired to follow in those same footsteps when they
see that it is possible and fulfilling to do so.

I pray that I may refrain from judging, letting judgment up to God.  I pray
that I may walk in the humble footsteps of Jesus and inspire others to do so
as well.