<MP>Saturday, 06 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 21:47:45 -0500

St. Bruno (c. 1030-1101)
Bruno was born in Cologne, Germany.  He became a famous professor at Rheims
and was appointed Chancellor of his Diocese. He joined Pope Gregory VII in
his fight against decadence in the clergy. His dream of living a prayerful
life in solitude led to his establishing a religious order. The mountainous,
inaccessible desert climate assured small numbers, poverty and silence. He
and his friends built an oratory and small individual cells a distance from
each other. He was called upon again by the Holy Father and went to Rome,
then, after refusing an appointment as Bishop spent his last years living in
the wilderness of Calabria.

"As your hearts have been disposed to stray from God, turn now ten times the
more to seek him; for he who has brought disaster upon you will, in saving
you, bring you back enduring joy."  ~Baruch 4:5-12, 27-29

"No one knows who the Son is, except the Father, and who the Father is
except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him."  ~Luke
10:27-24

Bruno retired to the desert in order to draw closer to God. We can draw
close to God in many ways.  Jesus, the Son, reveals to us the Father. We can
learn more about the Lord Jesus and strive to walk in His footsteps.

I pray that I may learn more about Jesus and His call in my life. I pray
that I may be as receptive as a little child. I pray that my learning may
help me to live more like Jesus wants me to live.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A mother asks prayers that her son will seek help for his severe depression
and alcoholism. Frieda asks prayers for a special intention. Annie asks
prayers for her Aunt who has stroke which has paralyzed her right side and
affected the speech. Jane requests prayers for her friend Linda who is
having health problems. Margaret asks prayers for her 9-month-old baby who
has not been feeling well. Mary asks prayers for 2 families whose sons
committed suicide, that they will receive comfort and consolation.