<MP>Saturday, 06 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:29:11 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18
or fewer seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my
Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.  Also our first Fish Fry of the season is this Friday. Become a
fan of: St. Patz Lenten Fish Fries

M A R K    T W A I N    P A G E
Many years ago I created a page for my favorite author, Mark Twain. Most
of the links no longer worked so I redid the page.  There are lots of
great quotes and links.  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Servant of God Sylvester of Assisi (d. 1240)

Sylvester was one of the first 12 followers of St. Francis of Assisi and
was the first priest in the Franciscan Order. A descendant of a noble
family, Sylvester once sold Francis stones which were to be used to
rebuild a church. When, a short while later, he saw Francis and Bernard of
Quintavalle distributing Bernard's wealth to the poor, Sylvester
complained that he had been poorly paid for the stones and asked for more
money. Though Francis obliged, the handful of money he gave Sylvester soon
filled him with guilt. He sold all of his goods, began a life of penance
and joined Francis and the others. Sylvester became a holy and prayerful
man, and a favorite of Francis?a companion on his journeys, the one
Francis went to for advice. It was Sylvester and Clare who answered
Francis' query with the response that he should serve God by going out to
preach rather than by devoting himself to prayer.

Who is there like you, the God who removes guilt and pardons sin for the
remnant of his inheritance; Who does not persist in anger forever, but
delights rather in clemency, And will again have compassion on us,
treading underfoot our guilt? ~Micah 7:7:14-15, 18-20

While he was still a long way off, his father caught sight of him, and was
filled with compassion. He ran to his son, embraced him and kissed him.
~Luke 15:1-3, 11-32

The Father's love is always there. He waits for our return.  Sometimes our
self-will and shame hold us back from reconciliation.  We try things our
own way, but find that we remain estranged. We have the treasure of the
Sacrament of Reconciliation. We can remember each day and always that the
Father's love for us is always there!

I pray that I may not be kept from God because of my shame and self-will.
I pray that I may be a humble persona and approach the Lord to ask for
forgiveness.  I pray too, that I may be as willing to forgive those who
have harmed me.

Haiti and Chile. We pray for great respect for life from natural
conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.