<MP>Saturday, 06 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 21:33:19 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

M Y    S T E M    C E L L    T R A N S P L A N T
I began the process at Mayo Clinic in Rochester on 01 December. Visit my Web
Site for a complete description.  Just follow the front page link from:
www.frpat.com Visit my Blog too, for daily updates: www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  A D V E N T     P A G E S  :=.

Our Advent Pages are up and running. There are special pages for Saint
Nicholas (December 6), Our Lady of Guadalupe, Juan Diego and more.  There
are Advent resources and special blessings for Advent, our Nativity Scene,
Christmas Tree, Advent Wreath and more.  There are resources for
Reconciliation available in both English and Spanish. Visit our Web Site and
click the banner link from: www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Nicholas (d. 350?)
Visit my Saint Nicholas page at: http://www.frpat.com/nicholas.htm
The absence of the "hard facts" of history is not necessarily an obstacle to
the popularity of saints, as the devotion to St. Nicholas shows. Both the
Eastern and Western Churches honor him, and it is claimed that, after the
Blessed Virgin, he is the saint most pictured by Christian artists. And yet,
historically, we can pinpoint only the fact that Nicholas was the
fourth-century bishop of Myra, a city in Lycia, a province of Asia Minor.
For more, follow the link below:

He will give rain for the seed that you sow in the ground, And the wheat
that the soil produces will be rich and abundant.
On that day your flock will be given pasture and the lamb will graze in
spacious meadows; The oxen and the asses that till the ground will eat
silage tossed to them with shovel and pitchfork. Upon every high mountain
and lofty hill there will be streams of running water. ~Isaiah 30:19-21,
23-26

At the sight of the crowds, his heart was moved with pity for them because
they were troubled and abandoned, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he
said to his disciples, "The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so
ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest."
~Matthew 9:35-10:1, 5a, 6-8

Isaiah's dream continues today, as a time of beauty and plenty is
anticipated. God is with His people, that's for sure. and in our Gospel we
hear the heart of Jesus being moved with pity because the crowds were like
sheep without a shepherd.  He says, " ... ask the master of the harvest to
send out laborers for his harvest." Today we can know the God is with us as
we anticipate the coming of Jesus at Christmas and at the end of time.  We
can pray for Vocations as well, and may entertain the possibility that the
Lord is calling us or a family member or friend to follow Him as a priest,
sister, brother, deacon, or other minister within the Church.

I pray that I may know the Lord's presence with me as I anticipate His
coming at Christmas and at the end of time.  I pray that I may always be
ready to follow the Lord's call, wherever it leads me.