[morningprayer] <MP>Saturday, 06 April 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 21:54:38 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

B A C K    U P    A N D    R U N N I N G

Morning Prayer is back up and running after severe list server problems and
a web host and software developer pointing fingers at each other for weeks.
Finally, I moved our lists to Freelists.org.  Special thanks to John Madden
for agreeing to host our lists.  Freelists hosts only technology-related
lists, so we'll increase our highlighting of technology a bit, too.  If you
have ideas, pleas send them to me!
Service with Freelists should be better and faster.  Subscribe/Unsubscribe
information is slightly different, but will be included in each e-mail and
at the Web Site.  You can also set your account to Vacation mode.  It's all
done here:

      www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm

If you "unsubscribed" in the past few days there's a chance your e-mail
address remained on the list, through a glitch in the old software that
doesn't remove addresses until the next post is sent out.

T E C H    T I P    F R O M    F A T H E R    P A T
Secure sensitive information.

On our Parish Web Site we include some information not to be seen by all.
For example, phone numbers of Ministers, Knights of Columbus, etc.  Some
visitors have tried to access those documents and have encountered a
"password" screen.  There's no fancy trick to this, but it's not easy to
figure out how to do it.  Most webmasters have access to "Adobe Acrobat."
The secret is to create an "Adobe Acrobat" password-protected document that
can then be e-mailed or uploaded to your Web Site.  Check this one to learn
how.  The password is simply password.  Here's the link:

      www.frpat.com/documents/adobelock.pdf

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N / L I S I E U X / P A R I S
Nineteen are currently signed up.

The brochure is now on-line! Follow the link from:

        www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I
will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am
gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my
yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  ~Matthew 11:28-30

The way sometimes seems long and wary.  So many people today are weary.  The
weariness of others can often be shared by me.  The weary and the
heavy-laden, when they come to me, can be helped to find the rest that I
have found.  There is only one sure cure for world-weariness and that is
turning to spiritual things.  In order to help bring about the turning of
the weary world to God, I can dare to suffer, dare to conquer selfishness in
myself, and dare to be filled with spiritual peace in the face of all the
weariness of the world.

I pray that I may be a help to discouraged people.  I pray that I may have
the courage to help bring about what the weary world needs but does not know
how to get.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.