<MP>Saturday, 05 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:49:28 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Vincent Ferrer (1350?-1419)
The polarization in the Church today is a mild breeze compared with the
tornado that ripped the Church apart during the lifetime of this saint. If
any saint is a patron of reconciliation, Vincent Ferrer is. Despite parental
opposition, he entered the Dominican Order in his native Spain at 19. After
brilliant studies, he was ordained a priest by Cardinal Peter de Luna-who
would figure tragically in his life. For more, click the link below:

So the Twelve called together the community of the disciples and said, "It
is not right for us to neglect the word of God to serve at table. Brothers,
select from among you seven reputable men, filled with the Spirit and
wisdom, whom we shall appoint to this task, whereas we shall devote
ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word."  ~ Acts 6:1-7

When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the
sea and coming near the boat, and they began to be afraid. But he said to
them, "It is I. Do not be afraid."  ~ John 6:16-21

"It is I. Do not be afraid."  When remember that Jesus is with us we have
nothing to be afraid of.  As the early Christian Church grows and stretches
it develops ministries to make sure people receive the help they need.  All
this help comes in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  We can trust in God's
providence and not be afraid.

I pray that I may not be afraid in the storms of life.  I pray that I may
allow God to work through me to bring the help and healing of Jesus to
others, and that I may trust in God's providence to meet my needs.