<MP>Saturday, 04 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 21:13:51 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Today is the Feast of SAINT FRANCIS
   We'll visit Assisi, his home, on our
   November Pilgrimage to Italy!
   Why not sign up now!

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ABOUT 10 OCTOBER

   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

WE'LL VISIT ASSISI, THE HOME OF ST. FRANCIS
on our November Pilgrimage to Italy!
Why not sign up now!

St. Francis of Assisi (1182-1226)
Francis of Assisi was a poor little man who astounded and inspired the
Church by taking the gospel literally-not in a narrow fundamentalist sense,
but by actually following all that Jesus said and did, joyfully, without
limit and without a mite of self-importance.  For more, follow the link
below:

At that very moment he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I give you
praise, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these
things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the
childlike. Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will. All things have
been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the
Father, and who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son
wishes to reveal him." ~Luke 10:17-24

"Although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you
have revealed them to the childlike." Nobody was more childlike than Saint
Francis.  He rejected the values of the world and left behind all the
trappings he could have freely enjoyed.  He listened to God's call and
followed it.  His conversion was so powerful that many began to follow him
and the way he lived his life. He was not a threat to anybody or anything.
He saw the world of nature, the animals, sun, moon and planets as his
brothers and sisters. He suffered too, with half-blindness and serious
illness, and the painful wounds of Christ (the stigmata) that he bore on his
hands, feet and side. People today still follow his rule.  Today we give
thanks for Franciscans all over the world.  I can hardly wait to visit
Assisi on the November Pilgrimage to Italy.  I've been there once before and
it is easy to believe that it's 800 years ago.  What a wonderful place to
visit ... and to learn more about this wonderful man!

I pray that I may look again at the values of the world and have the courage
to reject the ones that keep me from God.  I pray that I may listen to God's
call in my life and follow it.  I pray that my own conversion may help
others believe more strongly as well.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Pat asks prayers for young brother with terminal mouth cancer. Father of 6
children is suffering with 3rd bout of cancer, is getting depressed & needs
prayers. Marv requests prayers for a co-worker whose wife left him and their
twin, adopted, 11 year old daughters.

Judy asks for prayers of thanksgiving for a new job. Pauline requests
prayers for her Dad, who suffers from renal failure and is now on dialysis.