<MP>Saturday, 03 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 18:46:57 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Sts. Philip and James
James, Son of Alphaeus: We know nothing of this man but his name, and of
course the fact that Jesus chose him to be one of the 12 pillars of the New
Israel, his Church. He is not the James of Acts, son of Clopas, "brother" of
Jesus and later bishop of Jerusalem and the traditional author of the Letter
of James. James, son of Alphaeus, is also known as James the Lesser to avoid
confusing him with James the son of Zebedee, also an apostle and known as
James the Greater.

Philip: Philip came from the same town as Peter and Andrew, Bethsaida in
Galilee. Jesus called him directly, whereupon he sought out Nathanael and
told him of the "one about whom Moses wrote" (John 1:45). For more, click
the link below:

"I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ
died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures; that he was buried;
that he was raised on the third day ... "  ~1 Corinthians 15:1-8

Jesus said to Thomas, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes
to the Father except through me. If you know me, then you will also know my
Father. ~John 14:6-14

Even Jesus' own Apostles had a hard time understanding fully what he was
speaking about.  He wants them to know that He has handed on to them what He
has received, that He died for their sins, was buried and rose from the
dead, and would continue to appear to them and encourage them. Nothing like
this had ever happened before.  In our Gospel Jesus speaks about how He is
going to the Father and that if they believe in Him they will do the works
that He does.

I pray that I may be comfortable knowing that I will never understand
totally the mysteries of faith, at least in this life.  I pray that I may
believe in Jesus and truly do the works that He has done and continues to
do.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Marge asks prayers for her daughter to find a full-time job and end
financial problems. John asks prayers of thanksgiving for his wife's
successful heart surgery. PJ requests prayers for his wife and unborn baby
that the baby may be born at term and healthy and for no complications with
his wife.

A member requests prayers for himself who is experiencing extreme pain and
discomfort from a skin infection, for healing and comfort. Mom ask prayers
for her daughter who lost her job that she will be able to find employment.
Lynn asks for prayers for her sister-in-law who is going through a very
stressful situation and needs a calm spirit.