<MP>Saturday, 03 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 22:27:09 -0500

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N / L I S I E U X / P A R I S
Thirty-two are now registered. Remember, to go on the trip you need to
register with and pay your deposit to Pentecost Tours. For complete details,
follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

P O D C A S T    /  G O D C A S T
Visit the newest part of my Web Site.  Download the latest Sunday homily.
Listen to it at your computer or download to your MP3 player. Or, subscribe
to the free RSS Feed and download them automatically. Just follow the
"Godcast" link from:  www.frpat.com

D A    V I N C I    C O D E    D E B U N K E D
Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

T E C H    T I P    F R O M     F A T H E R    P A T
Somebody want's to give you money?

Most of us have received e-mails, mostly from Nigeria or another African
Country.  They come from various relatives of someone who died with a lot of
money, who wants to get money out of the country and give some to you, who
wants to give to charity, who is dying of an incurable disease and wants to
do something nice for you.  They most often ask for your phone number,
e-mail address and other information.  Then they'll contact you and want to
send a check, or transfer the money directly into your bank account.  Of
course they'll need account numbers.  It's a SCAM every time.  Somebody
actually sent me a check for four thousand dollars this year.  I was
supposed to wire $2000 to someone in Florida and keep the rest.  Needless to
say the account didn't exist and the check would have bounced, after I'd
sent money on.  The best tip . don't respond!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these
is love."  ~1 Corinthians 13:13

Love is the power that transforms our lives.  We can try to love our
families and friends and then try to love everybody that we possibly can,
even the "sinners and publicans"--everybody.  Love for God is an even
greater thing.  It is the result of gratitude to God and it is the
acknowledgement of the blessings that God has sent us.  Love for God
acknowledges God's gifts and leaves the way open for God to shower yet more
blessings on our thankful hearts.  We can say: "Thank you, God," until it
becomes a habit.

I pray that I may try to love God and all people.  I pray that I may
continually thank God for all the blessings I receive.

A member requests prayers for her siblings who  are gathering to settle
family matters, that all may be equitable and peaceful and restore union
among themselves. Nancy from PA requests prayers for her son-in-law's
grandmother who had a stroke on the day of her husband's funeral that she
had have a full recovery, if it's God's Will. Tom asks prayers for a special
intention.

Patrick asks for prayers as he tries to lose a significant amount of weight
and improve his health. Prayers are asked for a baby in a custody battle.
Rebecca requests prayers for her aunt who is in poor health and struggling
to quit smoking. Pat requests prayers that we may choose the right realtor
who will be able to help us sell a piece of our land that has been on the
market for two years.

Leeanne asks prayers for a special intention. Sister Carolyn requests
prayers for her mother who is having to deal with dizziness and blurred
vision. Carolyn asks for prayer for her uncle who is suffering with liver
cancer...that he not suffer long. JaniceMarie asks prayers for a friend who
has a health challenge and gratitude for answered prayers. Brian asks for
prayer support for his young Cousin who is again entering a rehabilitation
center, that he get proper treatment  and follows the 12 Step Program for
several serious addictions.