<MP>Saturday, 02 May 2009~Z

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 16:51:27 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Athanasius (295?-373)
Athanasius led a tumultuous but dedicated life of service to the Church. He
was the great champion of the faith against the widespread heresy of
Arianism. The vigor of his writings earned him the title of doctor of the
Church. Born of a Christian family in Alexandria, Egypt, and given a
classical education, Athanasius entered the priesthood, became secretary to
Alexander, the bishop of Alexandria, and eventually was named bishop
himself. His predecessor, Alexander, had been an outspoken critic of a new
movement growing in the East-Arianism.  For more, follow the link below:

Peter said to him, "Aeneas, Jesus Christ heals you. Get up and make your
bed." He got up at once. And all the inhabitants of Lydda and Sharon saw
him, and they turned to the Lord. ~Acts 9:31-42

Simon Peter answered him, "Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words
of eternal life. We have come to believe and are convinced that you are the
Holy One of God." ~John 6:60-69

The disciples of Jesus were able to work signs and wonders, including
healing, and many turned to the Lord.  Still, human nature is human nature.
Fervent faith for some wore off and they began to drift away.  Still, Jesus'
disciples remained
with Him.  As Simon Peter says, "Master, to whom shall we go? You have the
words of eternal life. We have come to believe and are convinced that you
are the Holy One of God."

I pray that my faith may become every more fervent.  I pray that I may
remember that Jesus has the words of eternal life and that He is the Holy
One of God.