<MP>Saturday, 02 June 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 21:41:16 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
We'll stay in a hotel right on the Sea of Galilee.
We'll renew our Baptismal promises at the Jordan River Stay on the Sea of
Galilee, Renew Marriage vows and pray for deceased husbands and wives at
Cana ... and much more!
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Put away from you all bitterness and wrath and anger and wrangling and
slander, together with all malice, and be kind to one another,
tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ has forgiven you.
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children, and live in love, as
Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and
sacrifice to God."  ~Ephesians 4:31-5:2

We cannot believe in God and keep our selfish ways.  When we believe more
strongly in God, we begin to abandon our selfish ways.  The old self can
shrivel up and die, and God's image can become much clearer. The gradual
elimination of selfishness in the growth of love for God and our fellow
human beings is a wonderful goal in our lives.  As the picture grows, we can
reveal more and more of the likeness of God until those who see us can see
in us the power of God's grace at work in a human life.

I pray that I may grow in my likeness to God.  I pray that others may see in
me some of the power of God's grace at work.

Tom requests prayers for an enjoyable and safe high graduation for friends,
family members and his daughter who is graduating from high school this
Sunday. JP asks prayers for a friend whose wife recently died after
suffering with cancer for a number of years. Sue asks prayers for her
family, for the cure of both mental and physical illness and protection from
all evil.

Sherry requests prayers for the Indiana National Guard, who are on their way
to Iraq. Allie requests prayers for a friend who has ovarian cancer. Lynn
asks prayers for several family members who need special healings for their
illnesses.

Lesley asks prayers for a lovely friend and Priest who is seriously ill in
hospital with liver disease, that he may get better. Brian requests prayers
for his female friend who has been so deeply hurt that she has not been able
to be in a relationship for many years, that she is able to do the necessary
step work to work through her trauma issues.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.