<MP>Saturday, 02 January 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 22:25:07 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

WE HAVE AN ITINERARY: We have a tentative Itinerary for the trip. Follow
the link from www.frpat.com for details. Land arrangements, hotels and
pricing will be on the way soon!
Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information and a complete itinerary will be on the way very soon!
Keep this great Pilgrimage in the back of your mind ... or start saving
your nickels. I'll let you know when firm dates and other information is
available. For now, let's pray for the success of this wonderful
Pilgrimage! If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen (329-379)
Basil was on his way to becoming a famous teacher when he decided to begin
a religious life of gospel poverty. After studying various modes of
religious life, he founded what was probably the first monastery in Asia
Minor. He is to monks of the East what St. Benedict is to the West, and
his principles influence Eastern monasticism today. He was ordained a
priest, assisted the archbishop of Caesarea (now southeastern Turkey), and
ultimately became archbishop himself, in spite of opposition from some of
his suffragan bishops, probably because they foresaw coming reforms. For
more, follow this link:

Let what you heard from the beginning remain in you. If what you heard
from the beginning remains in you, then you will remain in the Son and in
the Father. And this is the promise that he made us: eternal life. ~1 John
2:22-28

So they said to him, ?Who are you, so we can give an answer to those who
sent us? What do youhave to say for yourself?? He said: ?I am the voice of
one crying out in the desert, ?Make straight the way of the Lord,? as
Isaiah the prophet said.?  ~John 1:19-28

Scripture for the Day: http://www.usccb.org/nab/

We receive so many benefits through the birth, life, death and
resurrection of Jesus. This truth must remain in us, and we need to share
it freely with our family members, co-workers and friends. We continue to
the mission of John the Baptist, to point the way to Jesus, the Word made
Flesh and our Salvation.

I pray that I may remember the things that are the most important.  I pray
that I may follow the Baptist's example, to point the way to Christ our
Savior.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!