<MP>Saturday, 01 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:22:21 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed John of Vercelli (c. 1205-1283)
John was born near Vercelli in northwest Italy in the early 13th century.
Little is known of his early life. He entered the Dominican Order in the
1240s and served in various leadership capacities over the years. Elected
sixth master general of the Dominicans in 1264, he served for almost two
decades. Known for his tireless energy and his commitment to simplicity,
John made personal visits-typically on foot-to almost all the Dominican
houses, urging his fellow friars to strictly observe the rules and
constitutions of the Order.  For more, click the link below:

"Give glory and eternal praise to him."  Daniel 3:82-87

Jesus said to his disciples: "Beware that your hearts do not become drowsy
from carousing and drunkenness and the anxieties of daily life, and that day
catch you by surprise like a trap."  ~Luke 21:34-36

It's good for us to stay at the top of our game.  Sometimes we're distracted
by worldly things, selfishness, addictions or the anxieties of daily life.
We can focus ourselves once more, on the God who made us, who calls us, and
who redeems us.

I pray that I may not be distracted by unworthy things, but focus on those
that will last.  I pray that when Jesus comes again in His glory, that I
will be waiting in joyful hope!