<MP>Morning Prayer Delay

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 07:01:12 -0600 (CST)

I'm in Rochester at Mayo Clinic.  There was a lot of snow on the way last
night, so I decided to stay right here.  For that reason, Morning Prayer
was not sent out, and I don't have time to do it now.

Of course I'm in the middle of prep work for my Stem Cell Transplant.
Yesterday was the first day of Stem Cell collection.  Average time for
collection is 3-5 days.  They need to collect 8 million stem cells.
Yesterday they collected 5.91 million.  That's incredible!  So, it's
possible that I'll finish up today. At 7 a.m. they'll attach me to the
machine for another five hours.  The machine receives my blood, sorts out
the stem cells and saves them, and then returns the rest to my body.  At
any one time about a cup of blood is outside my body.

There is no sensation at all, except the sound the machine makes. The only
challenge is finding things to do for five hours while in bed and on my
back.  Luckily I can make some rosaries, listen to music, read, watch TV,
etc.  I sent my driver home so I have no companion here, but today's
driver will appear later in the morning.  Then I'll be able to talk with
him as well.

Sorry about the lapse in Morning Prayer.
Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

www.cmonback.com
www.stpatz.com