<MP>Mondy, 07 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 14:31:52 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

In 2004 I led a wonderful Pilgrimage to Ireland, the Emerald Isle. I spoke
with Gary from Pentecost Tours, and he's putting together a
Pilgrimage to Ireland for the Fall of 2010 .... probably in October. Keep
it in the back of your mind ... or start saving your nickels. I'll let you
know when firm dates and other information is available. For now, let's
pray for the success of this wonderful Pilgrimage! If you're interested
visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Ambrose (340?-397)
One of Ambrose?s biographers observed that at the Last Judgment people
would still be divided between those who admired Ambrose and those who
heartily disliked him. He emerges as the man of action who cut a furrow
through the lives of his contemporaries. Even royal personages were
numbered among those who were to suffer crushing divine punishments for
standing in Ambrose?s way.  When the Empress Justina attempted to wrest
two basilicas from Ambrose?s Catholics and give them to the Arians, he
dared the eunuchs of the court to execute him. His own people rallied
behind him in the face of imperial troops. In the midst of riots, he both
spurred and calmed his people with bewitching new hymns set to exciting
Eastern melodies.
 For more, follow the link below:

Streams will burst forth in the desert, and rivers in the steppe. The
burning sands will become pools, and the thirsty ground, springs of water;
The abode where jackals lurk will be a marsh for the reed and papyrus. A
highway will be there, called the holy way; No one unclean may pass over
it, nor fools go astray on it. No lion will be there, nor beast of prey go
up to be met upon it. It is for those with a journey to make, and on it
the redeemed will walk. ~Isaiah 35:1-10

Then the scribes and Pharisees began to ask themselves, ?Who is this who
speaks blasphemies?  Who but God alone can forgive sins??  Jesus knew
their thoughts and said to them in reply, ?What are you thinking in your
hearts?  Which is easier, to say, ?Your sins are forgiven,? or to say,
?Rise and walk??
But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to
forgive sins?? he said to the one who was paralyzed, ?I say to you, rise,
pick up your stretcher, and go home.? ~Luke 5:17-26

We can look at absolutely any part of today?s first reading and be
overwhelmed with Isaiah?s hopeful expectation. And he?s right. Still, many
would not be ready to accept that dream, or Jesus when He came. Although
the scribes and Pharisees were always critical, Jesus fearlessly revealed
God?s power by spending time with and healing those who needed Him the
most.

I pray that I may be overwhelmed with Isaiah?s dream of peace and justice.
 I pray that I may accept Jesus fully no matter what others say or think.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!