<MP>Monday, 31 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 23:50:29 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
now and Thursday.

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Annunciation of the Lord
The feast of the Annunciation goes back to the fourth or fifth century. Its
central focus is the Incarnation: God has become one of us. From all
eternity God had decided that the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity
should become human. Now, as Luke 1:26-38 tells us, the decision is being
realized. The God-Man embraces all humanity, indeed all creation, to bring
it to God in one great act of love. Because human beings have rejected God,
Jesus will accept a life of suffering and an agonizing death: "No one has
greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends" (John
15:13). For more, follow the link below:

The LORD spoke to Ahaz, saying: Ask for a sign from the LORD, your God; let
it be deep as the nether world, or high as the sky! But Ahaz answered, "I
will not ask! I will not tempt the LORD!" ~ Isaiah 7:10-14; 8:10

Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found
favor with God. Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and
you shall name him Jesus.  ~ Luke 1:26-38

Because of Holy Week we delay the celebration of this Feast, scheduled for
March 25.  Mary is privileged and grace, and remains for us a wonderful
model and confidant.  She said "Yes" to God, without counting the cost. She
humbly accepted God's will for her.  We are grateful for her beautiful
example as we celebrate this wonderful Feast of the Annunciation.

I pray that I may look to Mary and strive to be generous in my own response
to God's call.  I pray that I may echo the words of Mary, "Behold, I am the
handmaid of the Lord.
May it be done to me according to your word."