<MP>Monday, 31 July 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:57:41 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Praise the LORD! O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his
steadfast love endures forever."  ~Psalm 106:1

We can give God the gift of a thankful heart.  We can try to see causes of
thankfulness in our everyday lives.  When life seems hard and troubles
crowd, then we can look for some reasons to be thankful.
The offering of thanksgiving is indeed a sweet incense going up to God
throughout a busy day.  We can seek diligently for something to be glad and
thankful about. We can acquire in time the habit of being constantly
grateful to God for all our blessings.  Each day some new cause for joy and
gratitude can spring into our minds and we can thank God sincerely.

I pray for a truly thankful heart.  I pray that I may be constantly reminded
of the things I can be sincerely grateful for.