<MP>Monday, 31 August 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:41:30 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

Our School has already started.  Yours may have, or may start soon.  Visit
the Web Site for a parish blessing and also an individual blessing parents
can pray with their children on the first day of school, and every day if
they wish.  I also include plenty of good links for parents, children and
teens.  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

Sts. Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus
The actions of these two influential Jewish leaders give insight into the
charismatic power of Jesus and his teachings-and the risks that could be
involved in following him. Joseph was a respected, wealthy civic leader who
had become a disciple of Jesus. Following the death of Jesus, Joseph
obtained Jesus' body from Pilate, wrapped it in fine linen and buried it.
For these reasons Joseph is considered the patron saint of funeral directors
and pallbearers. More important is the courage Joseph showed in asking
Pilate for Jesus' body. Jesus was a condemned criminal who had been publicly
executed. According to some legends, Joseph was punished and imprisoned for
such a bold act.  For more, follow the link below:

Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in
the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.
Thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore, console one another with
these words. ~1 Thessalonians 4:8-13

He stood up to read and was handed a scroll of the prophet Isaiah. He
unrolled the scroll and found the passage where it was written: The Spirit
of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring glad tidings to
the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to captives and recovery of
sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, and to proclaim a year
acceptable to the Lord. ~Luke 4:16-30

"Today this scripture passage is fulfilled in your hearing."  We are chosen
and anointed by God. We are called to bring glad tidings to the poor, to
proclaim liberty to captives and recovery of sight to the blind.  What an
awesome call and responsibility.

I pray that I may take God's word into myself.  I pray that the scriptures
may be fulfilled in my hearing.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Jim ask prayers for someone who is going through a difficult marriage, that
she might find her faith again and know what is God's will for her to be
able to make a proper decision. Judy asks prayers for a friend who is
seriously ill. Linda asks prayers for a special intention.

Michella asks for prayers for her grandmother who is fighting with cancer.
Barbara asks prayers for a special intention. Maria requests prayers for a
fair decision by the judge in a legal matter. Melva requests prayers for the
students, parents, teachers, staff and administration of our school and all
schools, especially our newly promoted administrators, to work together as a
team and a have a successful year of learning. Carol asks prayers for a
special intention.